Doesn't Barack Obama make you want to put on your "O-face?" On the one hand, the more I listen to the Democratic Presidential contenders, the more appealing Obama looks. On the other hand, the more I listen to Obama, the more appealing he looks. Does that make any sense? Not sure, but it makes more sense than Hillary.
Let's face it, an increasing majority of this country opposes the war in Iraq. The Republicans believe they still need to be loyal to Bush, and they still believe they need to pander to the religious right and some invisible majority that believes we need to act bellicose. Therefore, Democrats, at least the ones running for President, believe they need to play the middle ground. It ain't working. There is no middle ground. I will forgive John Edwards for voting for the war since he is asking for penance, but I believe he has become somewhat irrelevant because he will be (as will other Democrats that voted "yes" on Iraq) dogged by questions of why he voted for the war.
The only knock I've heard on Obama is the experience factor. Let's face it. What the hell kind of experience did George Bush have? Governor of Texas is a part time job, and prior to that he failed at everything else. Obama, on the other hand, has been successful in everything has done leading up to this date. He is well spoken and articulate. He is very genuine, unlike Dopey Dub. I will write Obama blogs every week or so because I want to keep his name out there for my millions of readers.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment