Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Good talker, better listener
As I've stated over and over in previous posts, this country needs leadership. In my mind, there is only one candidate that indomitably has that quality. Yes, you guessed it, Barack Obama. It spews from his mouth as he delivers a speech to a crowd. You can honestly sense how genuine he truly is. In Obama, we have what have lacked for the past six years. George W. Bush is the anti-leader. Leadership is the ability to unite others during troubled times. It is the ability to take a principled course of action. It is the ability to gain followers, not out of fear, but because they want to follow you. Right now, the US is in trouble in the world. How much worse can it get in the next two years. Tom Friedman makes a good case why Obama would make a good President.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Friedman's piece was excellent. I was particularly impressed by his comment about the Imus episode.
"My instincts on speech are always to keep the boundaries really wide and to cure speech with speech — and with sunlight — not censorship."
I hope Obama supports that position, as well. The impression I got was that he supported Imus' firing...which puts him in the censorship corner. I hope I'm mistaken.
He may have, but I think there were a lot of knee jerk reactions to it. Originally, Obama was chided for his silence on the issue. I believe he said he found the comments hurtful.
Post a Comment