Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Obama vs. Ho-mama

Obama out raised Hillary by about $3.5M in the first round of fund raising. Initial reports showed Hil-dog raised more money. When I heard that I said BFD. That was until the Clinton camp, surely in a whiny voice, said "the nomination will not be determined by how much money is raised, but by which candidate is best able to mobilize voters with a message." Yep, that's Obama alright. He received donations from 100,000 donors. That is more than Clinton and Edwards combined. In fact, it is more than McCain, Romney and Guido combined.

It's new day folks. Times they are a-changin'. I think MLK's dream is becoming a reality.

I don't think it is about the money nor should it be. Unfortunately, you need cash to compete. Maybe that will change under President Obama. In any case, if you've got a few bucks to throw at an election, I think Obama deserves it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I understand that $s are needed to run campaigns, this comparison of a candidate's worth based on how much money he or she can raise is a very sad statement about the status of our democracy (not much different from the voting on "American Idol"). I wonder if the worth of a Roman Senatorial candidate was based upon how much money was raised or (since they were all men), the size of their dicks. That being said, I'm still glad that Obama has shaken the confidence of Hillary's political machine. He's a worthy candidate. On the other hand there are other worthy candidates, such as John Edwards and Bill Richardson who should also be encouraged to stay in the race. People should be reminded of how Hillary screwed up Bill's health care plan in the early '90s. If the time is right for a woman to lead our nation, perhaps we should consider Nancy Pelosi. She is showing phenomenal leadership (while Hillary continues to triangulate and posture).

Marc said...

That's basically what i'm saying. Not sure I'm on board with Nancy Pelosi. I like her, but she doesn't possess the charisma that Obama has. If there is a woman that possess such charisma that is is truly a uniter, I'd be for her.

Anonymous said...

What about Barney Frank?

Anonymous said...

What about David Dreier or Ralph Reed?

Marc said...

Barney Frank? Ummmm, no. More like court jester. As for Ralph Reed or David Dreier, maybe of the Third Reich.