Wednesday, August 8, 2007

On another of NC's finest (hypocrites)

Here is a letter from the Raleigh News and Observer on August 7, 2007:

Burr is no friend

Regarding your July 27 story "Burr introduces medical coverage":

I am retired, not rich, receive Medicare benefits and stupidly voted Republican (I am pro-life). Sen. Richard Burr's votes in the Senate are puzzling to me: He voted for additional tax breaks for millionaires (while my Social Security benefits are taxed), and he voted against allowing Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices with the pharmaceutical industry (I take expensive medications for high blood pressure and cholesterol).

Whom does Burr represent? Definitely not his middle class voters! Your article made clear that the pharmaceutical companies and the private health insurers are his paymasters and that Burr does their bidding. Burr is a full participant in the Republican assault on the American middle class.

Burr's "health plan" is another shameless assault on us. Anyone who wants to know what to expect from for-profit health insurers, watch "Sicko."

Rimvydas Sliazas

Cary

What I'd like to say to Mr. Sliazas is, your myopic view of politics, that being you only vote on the abortion issue, has caused you to lose out on all the other issues that impact you. It is good to see you have opened your eyes. Republicans don't care about the average American, especially the American worker. They like rich people. Burr does not represent you unless you are rich, but it doesn't sound like you are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One additional point is worth noting. More often than not "pro-life" politician's interest in life ends with the birth of the fetus. Rather than voting for a politician who spouts morality or values issues, vote the one has expressed concern about everyday issues like universal health care. John Edwards is such a person.

Marc said...

True Dat! He looked good at the AFL-CIO debates last night.

Anonymous said...

I wish Mr. Sliazas could read your blog.