Thursday, November 15, 2007
It's easy to understand why South Carolina is last in education
Okay, so some toothless redneck asks John McCain at a campaign event in South Carolina "How do we beat the bitch?" I guess this is a reference to Hillary Clinton. To some South Carolinian with barely a high school education whose only ambition in life is to see how many children she can bear only to brain wash into hating gays and non-Christians, Hillary is probably a bitch. Just when I thought McCain couldn't lower himself, he found new depths. Back to the question, though, of how to beat the bitch. I really don't think McCain needs to worry about that. He has some more pressing concerns, such as how to beat the polygamist, the Yankee and the anti-evolutionist (which will be tough to beat in SC).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I'm not sure who dirtyword.net is, but unless they pay me to advertise, I'm not crazy about them posting on my site.
Also, I don't support the catch phrase. McCain and Giuliani fit the description of bitch better than Hillary.
Hey Marc,
Did you see on HuffPost that Mike Huckabee is being endorsed by Chuck Norris. Here was my posting on that particular bit.
Do Chuck Norris fans vote? For that matter, does Chuck Norris vote. Anyone who takes this add seriously deserves the government they get. Huckabee's biggest accomplishment to date is having shed a bunch of pounds. Just what we need, a President with a Walker Texas Ranger mentality. Wait a second, doesn't that describe our current President?
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.
When Chuck Norris showers, he doesn't get wet. The water gets Chuck Norrised.
So, what, Norris and Huckabee can't have fun? We can vote for theme songs and have Obama girl, but not this? I don't think the ad was ever meant to be an academic endeavor.
You can disagree with Huck on a number of issues, but he was a successful, popular governor down there. In fact, except for his conservative social views, many of his political positions share some of the populist positions of John Edwards. Even David Broder of the Washington Post has complimented his abilities and leadership. You don't have to vote for him, but at least have an honest view of the guy and remember Chuck Norris has two speeds - walk and kill.
Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Chuck Norris.
Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.
To the other anonymous who appears to be enamored of Chuck and Huck (which rhymes with a few choice words). Your enthusiasm is a little troubling, particularly when one considers your comments about Chuck's phallus and the one about Huck's political skills, as follows.
"You can disagree with Huck on a number of issues, but he was a successful, popular governor down there."
Down where?
By the way, I don't care how articulate, populist or economically knowledgeable he is, anyone who can't accept evolution troubles me (I guess that's my bigotry).
In the Bible, Jesus turned water into wine. But then Chuck Norris turned that wine into beer.
From ABC News:
Huckabee said if given a chance to elaborate on the question from MSNBC moderator Chris Matthews, he would have responded: "If you want to believe that you and your family came from apes, I'll accept that....I believe there was a creative process."
Huckabee said he has no problem with teaching evolution as a theory in the public schools and he doesn't expect schools to teach creationism.
Relax...he won't force you to accept his beliefs. But if one believes anything from the bible, how do you pick and choose what was an act of God and what wasn't?
Remember, there are no steroids in baseball. Just players Chuck Norris has breathed on.
And to answer the "down where" question...he was governor of Arkansas for 10 years. If you're south of Arkansas, replace it with the phrase "up there."
"Down there" seems entirely appropriate for Arkansas. Bill Clinton made that evident. By the way, I recall that Chuck Norris was called in to "bulk up" Bush 41. Maybe he should be banned from politics like steroids are banned from sports. As far as Chuck's turning wine into beer, I think it was Miller Light.
Last time we elected an ex-Governor of Arkansas, we got one of the best Presidents ever. However, in the case of Huck, if he doesn't believe in evolution, he's a dumb ass. PERIOD.
I'm being to believe the Southern Strategy is to make us a bunch of idiots. Does Huck have some redeeming qualities? Sure. Is he smarter than W? Who isn't? However, I see Huck as turning the clock back and playing to his Christian constituents, who basically want to convert everyone else. BTW, I heard someone talking about how the Baptists embrace the King James version of the Bible. King James was gay, like he was 9 dollar bill. Why are the Baptists so anti-gay?
Well said, Marc. BTW I hear the $9 bill is worth about 4.5 Euros nowadays.
Riddle me this...anyone who rejects evolution is a dumbass, right? (Just quoting you.) I agree that scientific evidence suggests that species evolved over time, etc. Scientific evidence also suggests that immaculate conceptions in humans are impossible and that resurrection is also highly unlikely. Yet, 1 billion+ Christians believe these things as core parts of their faith. Do people who believe these things, which go against scientific reasoning, also possess some intellectual defect? Similar question to people who believe the Red Sea split in two, or that a winged horse took Mohammed to the furthest mosque, etc.
Why does everything always come back to gay issues? If you want to finally marry your high school gym teacher Lance, I support your right.
Finally, does one's religious beliefs matter, or does it only matter what they try to impose on other people? Have any of these presidential candidates, GOP or Dem, asked anyone to convert for them? Has Kucinich asked anyone to hop on his UFO?
One's belief does matter, when it determines whether or not they go to war, determine whether stem cell research should be supported, and (excuse me) whether Lance and Larry or Ellen and Rosie, or Mitt, Suzy, Margaret, Ann, Sophie, et al. are legally wed.
Christianity is all about love, but all I hear from the Christian right is hatred. Jesus must be disgusted.
A bit of an overgeneralization, but okay...so what about the dumbass/science/religion question? (See post #12, I believe.) Anyone in blogosphere care to address that one?
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Marc,
It's time for a new entry!
To answer your question regarding dumbass/science/religion, yes I believe those people have some intellectual defect. Though, it's not genetic and it can be overcome by embracing some reason.
I guess I'll post something new if it pleases the masses.
Post a Comment