I've heard people profess their love for Mike Huckabee recently. Personally, he disgusts me. However, I've heard people I believe of reasonable intelligence say they like him so I had to look at where he is on the issues to see what's the buzz.
Here are some of this stances according to his web site:
2nd Amendment - Says Huckabee "I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill." Brady took a bullet for Ronald Reagan from a loony that should never had been able to get a gun in the first place. The Brady Bill and the assault weapons ban are both reasonable.
Marriage - Says Huckabee "I support and have consistently supported passage of a federal constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman." I wish politicians would quit wasting our time with frivolous amendments designed to limit our rights. The Constitution was designed to limit the rights of government, not the people. He also says "Our true strength comes from our families." Whatever, so you would deny the rights of same sex couples to have families. Are they capable of less love because of their sexual orientation?
Says Huckabee "I am opposed to research on embryonic stem cells." What amount of stupidity helped you reach that conclusion? Oh yeah, he doesn't believe in science. He does not explain why on his web site. There will be no curing of diabetes, Parkinson's or Alzheimer's on his watch.
Did I mention this douche freed a rapist for political (anti-Clinton) reasons that raped again and murdered as well?
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If he doesn't believe in science how does he suppose he went from a fat tub of shit to a not so fat tub of shit.....Jesus?
Good point. Clearly, he has a medieval mindset when it comes to science. In '92, when he was running for Senate, he proposed quarantining AIDS patients. When pressed about it some morning talk show, he said he never suggested quarantining, rather isolating them. When pressed further, he fessed up that yeah, he said it, and he doesn't hide from it. So he's a fucking liar on top of being a raper lover and a bigot.
He reminds me of that song written by one of my favorites, Mel Brooks..."The Inquisition." One really good possibility is that he gets the nomination and then he gets a real ass-kicking by Obama in the election. The Democrats get a veto-proof majority in Congress. Then it will really hit home with the Republicans (especially the moderates) that their party was taken to the dumpster by Bush and the Religious Right. Bush will go back to his ranch in Crawford to let his Alzheimer's take its course (but he and Cheney are indicted and sent to Prison anyway..with Rove et al.) and the Religious Right go back to their megachurches and stay the hell out of politics. Then democracy sets it in with a rationale, viable two party system as both parties deal with the real issues (the economy, health care, a safer world through diplomacy, energy conservation) and by 2050 we'll be number 1 again but for the right reasons. I can dream can't I.
Post a Comment