Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My nightmare

Before I went to bed last night, it was unclear who would be the victors on Super Duper (pooper scooper) Tuesday. I was feeling a little ill because Hillary won Massachusetts, New York and New Jersey (big prizes). McCain won everything that touched the Atlantic Ocean (line from Prick Matthews), and Huckabee was winning everything where the average IQ is below the poverty line (the Deep South). I had a nightmare that Hillary took California and McCain took a significant lead in the delegate count. I also dreamed that it looked hopeless for Obama and Huckabee emerged as the top VP candidate for McCain.

I woke up this morning to find that it wasn't so bad. Obama is still in it. However, McCain took significant strides as the front runner, and Huckabee's strong showing in Redneckland suggests he could be Tweedledum to McCain's Tweedledee. I can't have that anti-evolution believing moron on the ticket.

McCain seems to have a lot of support from independents, many of them moderates, who for whatever reason cannot stomach the Democrats. However, would that change with Huckabee on the ticket? Maybe so? Though McCain is conservative, many see him as reasonable. (I don't, but many do). On the other hand, many in the conservative movement don't like McCain. Those schmucks on the radio, Hannity, Druggy Limbaugh, et al don't like him. Ms. Adams Apple herself, Anne Coulter, said she'll actively campaign for Hillary if McCain got the nomination. I heard Hailey Barbour express his disgust a little last night, but he said he'd ultimately support whoever got the nomination, and he believed all Republicans would rally around that person.

I am worried about a ticket headed by Hillary. I don't believe she is electable for President. She has a lot of great qualities, but too many people hate her. She will be another divider. America can't survive two dividers in a row. I'm hoping Obama has a strong showing in forthcoming states. I think he can win in states like Virginia, Texas and Ohio. Only time will tell. Hang in there O-man!

No comments: