Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Saks 5th Avenue and Neiman-Marcus: where Real Americans shop

You'd think if Sarah Palin or the Republicans wanted to connect with Joe the Plumber or Joe Sixpack, you know "real" Americans (in the pro American parts of the country), she'd do her clothes shopping at Wal-Mart, not Saks and Neiman-Marcus. (Are they sure it wasn't Off Saks 5th Avenue?) Anyway, I find this story both hilarious and hypocritcal. This is typical of the Repubulican elitists. They say they're like you and me, but they're really rich fat cats.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, it didn't even have to be Wal-Mart. No one would hold an Ann Taylor/Banana Republic wardrobe against her. What bothers me a lot is that she invited her uninvited kids (a pet peeve of mine already) to adult events AND billed the government for their very expensive airfare and hotel stays.

Anonymous said...

I know why it's not Wal-Mart. The Wal-Marts in both Wasilla and Anchorage are still under construction and will not be open until mid-November. Maybe Sarah can work there over the holidays. I heard that she really wanted to shop at Victoria's Secret but the base objected.

Marc said...

Ann Taylor/Banana Republic would be too uppity for Joe the Sixpack Plumber. It's got to be Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Roses or the Dollar General Store. Also, it wasn't Victoria's Secret, it was Fredrick's of Hollywood.

BTW, I heard her say she was more qualified than Obama in an interview with Brian Williams. No, being stupid disqualifies you. Though, it didn't disqualify Dub.