Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Obama Cabinet

It appears Obama has offered Hillary Clinton the position of Secretary of State. I think there's a 50-50 chance she'll accept the spot. Frankly, I would have preferred her in the Senate because I think she is a leader and the Democrats need tough leadership. In fact, I think it's time to kick Harry Reid's ass out of the Senate Majority leader position and give it to the Hill-dog. Anyways, I think she'll make a fine Secretary of State. This got me thinking about who Obama should pick for other key positions in his administration. Here are my recommendations.

Secretary of Treasury Warren Buffet - you want to give the markets some confidence? Here's a guy that knows how to invest and make the right financial decisions. He has turned around companies. I can't think of anyone who would be better equipped to turn around the economy.

Secretary of Labor Robert Reich - I know he's been there and done that, but he was one of the smartest people in the Clinton administration. He brings both experience and an incredible amount of brains to an Obama cabinet. If not Reich, see if Paul Krugman wants the job.

Secretary of Defense Wesley Clark - they say Gates might stay. If not, Clark is the man.

Attorney General Charlie Rangel. He has served on the Judiciary Committee. He also understands the civil rights struggle. I think he'll right a lot of the wrongs that happened during the Bush adminstration. He will investigate Cheney and Rove. He is a tough New Yorker. Another candidate would be NC Attorney General Roy Cooper. This is strictly for selfish reason that he is from my home state of North Carolina. He has served admirably.

Ambassador to Iraq - George W. Bush. You broke it, you own it.

Ambassador to Russia - Sarah Palin. She can see Russia from her house. She could commute to the job.

2 comments:

Vigilante said...

Wes Clark was my favorite Veep candidate, which I blogged about into oblivion, so it's natural that I favor him has Secretary of State.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...

Hillary as secretary of state

McCain establishes an alliance with President Obama

Lieberman maintains his powerful chairmanship in the Senate (Homeland Security).

What next...Sarah Palin as Secretary of the Interior, Dick Cheney as UN Ambassador, Karl Rove nominated to the Supreme Court?