Everyone is all hyped up about this Joe Wilson prick from South Carolina. Folks on the left are calling for his censure and insisting he apologize in Congress. To the schmucks on the right, he is a hero. The guy is a douche bag extraordinaire. There is no doubt about that. He is an embarrassment to South Carolina (one of the many), to the US and to the human race (one of the many).
The issue at hand, however, is whether we must show respect for the office of the President. I argue, we must not, nor must we insist it of our citizens. Why? I thought George W. Bush was the biggest douche bag to walk the planet. Though, I was wrong in that he was not the biggest, he was, nonetheless, a complete and utter douche bag, failure as a President, embarrassment to this nation, a liar, an asshole and the list goes on...He created a culture, I think, where it was okay to show disrespect for the office of the President because he wasn't worthy of our respect nor did he treat the American people (or the world for that matter) with respect. It is unfortunate that Obama must now bear the brunt of the morons on the right fringe that think he is unworthy of respect, but that is how it is. What comes around goes around, and the next time a Republican gets in office, which I hope won't be for a long time, I will be sure that disrespect whoever it is and say "screw you" to all those that tell me I "need to show respect for the office of the President." Well, no I don't because you disrespected Obama.
Obama, unlike Bush, deserves our respect. Why? Because he has not done anything to disrespect the office or the country. If anything, he has restored the respect to the office that Bush obliterated. Therefore, I think that anyone that disrespects him such as the Tea-douchers, the "birthers," the "town hall terrorists" and others on the right fringe are idiots, bigots, hate mongers, morons, stupid and I'm running out of derogatory things to say.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Here! Here! (from my spouse). As far as I'm concerned you were right on. However, I feel that dissing Obama comes largely from a xenophobic, white supremacist, mean-spirited perspective. Since Dick Armey's army of dicks choose to be ruthlessly disrepectful to the best and most intelligent President we've had in generations, I'm inclined to return the insults. These right wing nuts should b4 labelled appropriately as KKKers, bigots, xenophobes, white supremacists, theocrats, neo-nazis, dumbasses, army of dicks, etc. What ever works. Give those assholes a dose of their own medicine. Furthermore, if these "patriots" want to secede, they have my blessing. A Union devoid of the likes of South Carolina, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas (take that Mike Schmuckavy), Texas, and Utah would be financially more sound and intellectually more advanced.
I agree with all those sentiments.
Post a Comment