Wednesday, May 9, 2007

3 Stupid Republicans

Of course, there are more than three stupid Republicans. I think anyone that voted for Bush, at least the second time, is stupid. Of course, anyone that still thinks his policies in Iraq are working I consider stupid. However, I'm not talking about Bush or the 50 million plus stupid Americans. The three stupid Americans I'd like to pick on today are actually running for President. Again, I'm not talking about McCain, Guido or The Rabbit Hunter. I'm talking about the evolution deniers Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee and Tom Tancredo. They are stupid because they deny evolution. Anyone that would vote them into office is stupid. We don't need to go back in time. We are already getting our asses handed to us by India and China. We don't need anyone that would advocate a rewrite of science text books that would omit the very plausible theory of evolution. The basis of the study of evolution has not only allowed us to figure out what happened in the past, but it also allows us to predict what may happen in the future. Not only would we not have found cures for severe diseases, but minor illnesses would not have cures or therapies if we did not study evolution. Brownback, Huckabee and Tancredo are stupid individuals to deny evolution. As Jon Stewart said after they raised their hands in the Republican debate admitting as much "they will be missed." I do not agree. Good riddance to these dumb asses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the GOP debate, Chris Mathews asked who among the candidates did not believe in the evolution theory. Only three candidates raised their hands: Governor Huckabee, Senator Brownback, and Congressman Tancredo.

None were given the opportunity to explain their views, however, and many members in the main stream press and bloggers raised their eyebrows - as if believing in creationism is not a mainstream belief.

They're wrong.

A recent Newsweek survey presented people with three explanations for the origins of human life: that humans developed over millions of years, from lesser to more advanced forms of life, while God guided the process; that God played no hand in the process; and that God created humans in their present form.

The first option is a sort of hybrid creation-evolution theory. The second option is evolution as explained by science, and the third summarizes the idea of creationism.

Governor Huckabee clarified his position on evolution in the New Hampshire press the day after the debate, saying: "I believe that the creation has a creator. I believe there is a God. And I believe God put this whole creative process in motion. How he did it and the time frame in which he did it, I honestly don't know."

78% of respondents said creationism or a hybrid of creation-evolution most closely matched their beliefs.


Huckabee is not alone in that position. Nearly half the sample in the Newsweek poll, 48 percent, said the creationism option was closest to their beliefs, and 30 percent chose the hybrid option.

Just 13 percent of the sample chose evolution alone as the best approximation of their view of human development.

Those results have been mirrored in a series of Gallup polls that have asked nearly the same question at several points over the past 25 years. As recently as 2004 an ABC News poll found 61 percent said the creation story in the Bible -- that God created the world in six days -- is "literally true."

Not only that, but a Time poll conducted just last fall showed that 49 percent said it is possible to believe in both evolution and "divine creation by God."

ABC News provides more about Huckabee's position: Huckabee said he has no problem with teaching evolution as a theory in the public schools and he doesn't expect schools to teach creationism. "We shouldn't indoctrinate kids in school," he said. "I wouldn't want them teaching creationism as if it's the only thing that they should teach."

So, we ask you, who is not in the mainstream? Who did not raise their hands?

Marc said...

Thank you for that wonderful contrubition and explanation. I still think the evidence behind evolution is not debatable, and therefore, the Huckster should not have raised his hand based on his follow-up explanation. That being said, if he still does not believe in it, he is estupido.

Anonymous said...

Do you really think Jessica Biel's ancestors could really be apes and gorillas?

But I agree, it's time to say goodbye to Mr. Tancredo. His 15 minutes are up. And who the heck is Ron Paul?

Check out the Daily Show clip where John Oliver is interviewing the ambassador from Israel. Very nice.

Marc said...

It would be an incorrect understanding of evolution to say our ancestorc were apes. Rather we share ancestry to some species millions of years ago. Shoot, we do even with lizards.

Tancredo is a dipshit. The only Republican I would actually vote for is Ron Paul. Not sure why he still uses the GOP banner. His views are Libertarian, and he has the voting record to match.

John Oliver is a hoot.