Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Farewell Falwell

I may go to hell for this (though, I don't believe in hell), but good riddance to one of the foremost preachers of hate and intolerance. Jerry Falwell will not be missed by me. While I do not celebrate his death, I will not mourn him. I'm sure many GOP Presidential candidates uttered a sigh of relief yesterday. No more pandering to him. He created wedge issues to get horribly unqualified people, such as George W. Bush elected to office. I suppose the Lord finally got sick of his hate mongering and called him home (or maybe some hotter place). Maybe it was to show mercy on us. My sympathies are with his family and loved ones that he left behind.

Pat Robertson - could this be a warning?


This fellow was clearly saddened by yesterday's news.
I'm surprised they let him wear an Abercrombie & Fitch shirt at Liberty. Hey, you're free to come out of the closet now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't miss him either. By the way did you see the comments of the Republican presidential asspirants concerning Falwell's passing? Each one tried to outdo the other with fawning praise of Jerry. Nauseating.

Marc said...

I missed it. I saw Rudy make schmuck of himself trying to score point out of 9/11.

Anonymous said...

Rudy rhymes with Doody! That could be the opposition's call to arms.