Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Pride of Regent

While Monica Goodling was given immunity from prosecution for laws she clearly violated, she should, at least, be disbarred. She acted immorally and illegally both in hiring and firing of US Attorneys. Is this what they teach at Regent University? "I think you have . . . shown people who are here. . . . why people in the Justice Department thought you were worthy of your job," said Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.). Yes, because you were a willing executioner. "Millions of Americans now know a lot more about you, and they're proud to have somebody like you serving in government," said Rep. Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) Yes, that would be the dwindling 28% of Americans that still approve of the Iraq War and W's Presidency. Millions of Americans are sickened by her actions, those of the Justice Department and the Bush Administration. I understand why Congress had to give her immunity, but ultimately she did not tell us much. Is she can't sink Karl Rove, I could care less about what she has to say. Good luck finding a job, Monica. You could always design your own handbags.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that Reese Withespoon already bought the story from
Goodling for her next movie..."Legally Blonde...The Disbarment."