Monday, July 16, 2007

GOP playing politics whiles soldiers die

It's amazing that when Bush wanted to appoint some right-wing anti-Constitution nuts to Federal benches and the only defense our nation had was the filibuster, Bush and then Senate Majority leader Bill Frist whined "all we want is an up or down vote." Now, that the tables are turned, and all the Democrats want is an up or down vote on troop withdrawal, the Grand Old Pussies are playing politics with the filibuster. More severely, the lives of our soldiers are at stake and Republicans don't care about them. They won't even vote to give them protection, extra pay and extra health coverage, not to mention long awaited breaks in their tours. They'd rather protect their Scoundrel-in-Chief. There is room in hell for the lot of them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc,

Well said. The Democarats (who tend to be pussified themselves, sometime) should use your comments as a rallying point.

Havingalaugh

Marc said...

Yes, I agree, but I think we're starting to see some accountability now that they are in the majority. It is nice to see Harry Reid grow a pair.

Anonymous said...

Considering the fact that Congress is rated lower than Bush, I would suggest that Harry and the boys (and girls) consider some testosterone supplementation. Unfortunately, the fact that Bush has higher approval ratings than Congress(probably related to their unwillingness to confront Bush and the Republicans in the past) is a source of solace and justification for Bush. I say, impeach him and Cheney. The country would be alot better off.

Havingalaugh

Marc said...

Congress' low ratings is somewhat deceiving. For instance, in North Dakota, both Democratic Senators have an approval rating in the 70s. In North Carolina, both Republican Senators have very low ratings.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Here's what I don't understand though...Democrats are the majority in Congress. If approval ratings for the people in the majority are high, and the minority low, shouldn't that make the overall approval ratings high (relatively speaking)? Or at least higher than 24%?

Marc said...

I don't know how it works. I just know that most of the Republicans suck really hard, and the Democrats slightly less lame. In my mind, the true winners are Jim Webb and Russ Feingold. I truly miss Paul Wellstone.

Anonymous said...

The fact that the Democrats have a low approval rating does not deter from the fact that the Republican leadership and agenda of late have been disastrous for the country. Furthermore, the low Democratic approval rating may reflect their timidity (until very recently) to confront the President.