Friday, July 13, 2007

Tender Vittles

In the Washington Post this morning, EJ Dionne writes semi-defensive op-ed piece for David Vitter. He defends him saying "a big part of me is rooting for Vitter to survive because I want to return to a time when we -- that "we" includes the media -- chose to pay little attention to the extracurricular sexual activities of our politicians." That is a very libertarian concept, and I couldn't agree more. I really don't care that David Vitter's wife ain't putting out and he has to go to hookers to get strap-on up his rear. Nor do I care that about 50% of the right-wing conservative Christians that prefer young boys to their own wives (or woman in general). I say let them have their young boys they so lasciviously desire, assuming the young boys are over eighteen, are consensual partners in the homosexual acts with the Republicans, and there is no abuse of power (other than dominatrix). Therefore, we should not take to task or waste time on anyone Republican or Democrat that has an extra-marital affair or Republican that has a gay affair--this is only a problem with Republicans because all the gay Democrats (Barney Frank) are out and proud. Where I differ with Dionne on Vitter is we should rake him over the coals, not for his affair, but for his hypocrisy. He that lives in glass houses should not throw stones. This mo-fo threw some serious stones, and the glass has come crashing in on him. Let it leave him lacerated and bloody. I hope his constituency forces him to resign, and I'm sure Governor Blanco will do the right thing for this great country in finding his replacement. As for his wife? She should have put out (just kidding).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come progressives are usually faithful husbands who spend their quiet lives usually with one spouse, whereas the "values" candidates and standard bearers (e.g., Vitter, Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Giuliani, Gingrich, McCain,Jim Baker, Fred Thompson to name a few) tend to live on the wild side (gay lovers, hookers, several marriages)? Could it be that there is a gene for hypocrisy?

Anonymous said...

While I in no way defend the misdeeds or hypocrisy, don't paint all those people with the same brush. Rudy has never run as a "values" candidate. He, most of the time, is fairly liberal socially.

Second, both parties are full of similar people. I'm sure the former esteemed Democratic governor of New Jersey talked about the importance of family before having a secret, gay affair and being outed.

Again, I think Vitter is an idiot, among other things. But I also think it's hypocritical for Ted Kennedy to talk about the environment and renewable energy, but not allow a wind farm to be built in a good location because it would ruin the view from the family's compound.

Now I must go back to my Hustler magazine before it's time to pray.

Yes, there is a gene for hypocrisy...it's called being human. Some are just better at it than others.

Anonymous said...

To my anonymous counterpart on the other side of the political spectrum....well said. However, the hypocricy of Rudy was that he was very progressive on social issues until it came time to embrace the religious right for political gain.....same with McCain. You must admit that Gingrich, Baker, Haggard, and Swaggart are totally full of shit since they have made a living of embracing a "values" agenda. Maybe I was unfair to Fred Thompson since he's an old fart and his new 2nd wife is hot (more power to him...and I don't think he preaches values). I don't think McGreavy (sp?), the former Governor of NJ was outspoken about values (it's the hypocricy that I object to not the behavior). As far as Ted Kennedy is concerned, if what you say is true, than I'm disappointed...but not surprised since most politicians are probably full of shit.
Go back to your Hustler, but make sure you finish by sundown and wash your hands before praying.

Marc said...

With regard to McGreevey, he was a gay man trying to live in a straight man's world. He fucked up (the ass presumably), but he ultimately came out of the closet. Now, he's out and proud. To all you Republicans in the closet, come out and say it loud "I'm gay and I'm proud."

It is true about Kennedy. I've heard that. That's lame, but that's politics. We need the Kennedys to balance out the Nazis, I'm mean Pat Roberts, James Inhofe and Trent Lott.

BTW, Larry Flynt rules!

Marc said...

BTW, enough of the name calling. Anonymous writers, please do not attack the the blogger, rather the argument. I'd like to keep this as civil as possible.

Anonymous said...

Fuckin' A