It seems there isn't a viable Democrat in the state of NC that has thrown his or her had in the ring to challenge the completely worthless Elizabeth Dole. I am launching an exploratory committee to seek the nomination. I am not a registered Democrat, but that shouldn't be a problem. This is where I stand on the issues.
Important Issues
Iraq - I believe in complete withdrawal from Iraq given a reasonable time frame. I also think we should investigate all of the war profiteers, such as KBR, Blackwater, etc.; we should have higher pay for our soldiers and better health care for our veterans, their plans should be as good as what Congress and the President get
Health Care - everyone should receive some kind of coverage, no one should be turned away, particularly children; we should not have to pay more for prescription drugs than they do in Canada
Education - higher salaries and standards for teacher; if we want better education, we need to pay for it, better education will reduce crime and make our citizens more competitive in the job market and the world
Economy -
Taxes: I believe in a flat tax system, or some reasonable form of a progressive system that does not put the burden of the taxes on the middle class; I believe in eliminating estate taxes and capital gains taxes; the government needs to come up with more reasonable means of raising revenue, such as higher taxes on the sales of alcohol and tobacco (because they are recession proof)
Labor: we need to bring manufacturing jobs back home, including the making of toys (so what if we have to pay more, I'd rather not have to worry about my kid getting lead poisoning); we should provide incentives for companies that keep their jobs and plants in the US and tax the hell out of those that send their jobs to Mexico, China, etc.
The Constitution - we need an amendment saying no more amendments to the Constitution that limit rights, except for the rights of the government
Secondary Issues
Abortion - keep it safe and legal
Gay marriage - why not? who's it hurting? who cares? Live and let live.
Guns - I am not opposed gun ownership, there is nothing wrong with requiring background checks, gun registration and safety training licenses for first time gun owners. There is no need for average citizens to own machine guns or assault rifles. It is okay for the government to keep an eye on those that might be building an arsenal (just like spying on terrorists) so we don't have another Waco or Ruby Ridge. Otherwise, there should be no restrictions on guns.
Marijuana legalization - make it legal for medicinal purposes; I believe it should be legal for recreational use with some regulations (hey, we can tax it)
That's all I can think of for now. Feel free to ask me where I stand on other issues.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment