Sunday, January 6, 2008
The Lost Boys
I was watching some of the GOP debate last night, and it's no wonder Huckabee is on top. What a bunch of losers (save Ron Paul)? Romney, Giuliani and Thompson basically gave blow jobs to Bush. They are the "more of the same" candidates; those candidates that want to continue on the loser course this country has been on the last 7 years. They still think that the "war on terror" is about Muslims wanting to destroy our freedom. Thompson said "they could attack us with biological terrorism and we wouldn't even know it." That would explain what happened to him, why his body looks so ravaged. Romney said Bush did what he had to do to keep America safe and we owe him gratitude for that. Um, he divided us and kept us in fear. Maybe he kept America safe from terrorism, but not safe from ourselves. Really, it was just dumb luck. Huckabee is just a dumb preacher that connects with a dumb audience. Realistically, he doesn't stand a chance, and the GOP won't let him get away with it. Though, they could destroy each other in a battle royal, and he could remain the last man standing. No matter who gets the nomination, my guess is there will be a third party candidate that's a fiscal conservative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
If they're so Gung Ho, then they should be for draft and their children should be on the battlefront 'fightin' for our freedom (just like their daddies did--I know McCain did). Ask 'em....are you ready for a draft? Rudy thinks we should increase our military by 100,000. I agreee, Ron Paul sounded like the only one with a brain.
On another note, I read Bill Kristol's piece this morning in they NYT. They really ought to rethink that one. He writes like high school sophomore.
I agree. I don't understand the NYT. I know they're hard to find but couldn't they get a reasonably intelligent conservative columnist. How about Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Bill Orally (havingalaug).
Ron Paul's bigoted past...
http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=e2f15397-a3c7-4720-ac15-4532a7da84ca
Bigoted shmigoted, the fact remains that Paul's the only Republican who has the kehones to challenge the Bush administration on the war.
That link doesn't work, but I read The New Republic article. Though, I always wonder if what I'm reading in there is true or a bull shit figment of someone's imagination (see Shattered Glass). In any case, Ron Paul has some 'splainin' to do.
He sure does. I guess I ran off at the mouth like Chuck Todd or Chris Matthews or Mornin' Joe.
The bigoted shmigoted guy (from
Boston today)
Post a Comment