First of all, let me just say that I hate the expression "the IT factor." What the hell does that mean anyway? I am an Obama fan, and I have been from the beginning. There is something magical there that I cannot explain. It is not because he has the chance of becoming the first African American President of the United States, though I think that would be a great step in the right direction for our country. It is not because he is such and eloquent and inspiring speaker. Although, I think that has something to do with it. Barack Obama comes across with so much wisdom. When he speaks, it is as though he is solving your problems. He empathizes with us about issues that really affect us, unlike a John McCain who still thinks protecting us from terrorism is our number one concern. (Keep running on that platform, John!) Clinton, McCain and Romney make you feel like they are talking down to you. They come across as if only they understand what your problems are, and you, the average citizens, do not, and you must follow them to safety. With Obama, you get the feeling that we are all in this together. We can solve it together. He gets it. That's a leader I want to follow. The first time I heard about Obama was back in '04 when he was running for Senate. I heard a story about him on NPR. I was inspired. I hoped he would win the Senatorial race in Illinois. I wished that I could vote for him (or someone like him). I hope I get to vote for him in November.
Friday, February 1, 2008
The IT Factor
First of all, let me just say that I hate the expression "the IT factor." What the hell does that mean anyway? I am an Obama fan, and I have been from the beginning. There is something magical there that I cannot explain. It is not because he has the chance of becoming the first African American President of the United States, though I think that would be a great step in the right direction for our country. It is not because he is such and eloquent and inspiring speaker. Although, I think that has something to do with it. Barack Obama comes across with so much wisdom. When he speaks, it is as though he is solving your problems. He empathizes with us about issues that really affect us, unlike a John McCain who still thinks protecting us from terrorism is our number one concern. (Keep running on that platform, John!) Clinton, McCain and Romney make you feel like they are talking down to you. They come across as if only they understand what your problems are, and you, the average citizens, do not, and you must follow them to safety. With Obama, you get the feeling that we are all in this together. We can solve it together. He gets it. That's a leader I want to follow. The first time I heard about Obama was back in '04 when he was running for Senate. I heard a story about him on NPR. I was inspired. I hoped he would win the Senatorial race in Illinois. I wished that I could vote for him (or someone like him). I hope I get to vote for him in November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment