Friday, August 22, 2008
Biden his time
The fucking pundits and the market think they know that Biden is Obama's pick for VP. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong. I remember in 2004 they thought Kerry was going to pick Gephardt. Anyways, it's a wasted pick in my opinion. It kind of reminds me when the Dolphins drafted Ted Ginn Jr. last year or Jason Allen the year before that or Ronnie Brown the year before that or Vernon Carey or pretty much any pick from Dave Wannstedt to Cam Cameron. Okay so I digress. Biden represents the past, not the future. Sure, he's a sharp guy, but so are Tim Kaine, Evan Bayh and Bryan Schweitzer. Biden is an old white guy. Kind of like McCain, but less stupid. He'll talk you to death, though. The Dems need someone with sound bite smarts. That's not Biden. Frankly, I'm kind of pissed about the whole thing. I'm so pissed that I've applied for citizenship with the Canadian consulate. I can't take another 4 years of the fucking imbecile Republicans that are ruining our country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marc,
Chill. Joe Biden's not perfect (nobody is) but he's the right person at this time. He's knowledgeable (about foreign affairs), experienced, glib, his heart is in the right place, he's the antithesis of an elitist (as evidenced by a net worth at age 65 of only $100,000 to $150,000) and he'll scare the crap out of the Repugnicans (he tells it like it is). Furthermore, the fact that he commutes daily from Wilmington, Del. is very impressive. Hopefully, he'll keep his motormouth in check. As far as Canada is concerned...hold off. Do you expect the rents to move out of the US to be with the grand kids? Furthermore, I just flew from Vancouver to Atlanta and the toilets in the latter were much cleaner than former. If this is an indication of national status, we're in better shape than they are.
OK, so Biden wasn't my first choice either. For better or worse I would have gone with Richardson. However, I guess they needed someone to bring in the old white vote. Could be worse, at least Biden does have experience which the critics have reamed Obama for, he is direct (for a politician anyway) and he has some sense of humor. Seriously, don't move to Canada- I need someone cool at work.
Post a Comment