Thursday, August 28, 2008

WOW!


WOW! I want to start off by saying what a wonderful night that was. It started with the roll call. I actually switched from MSNBC to CSPAN because I wanted to hear it without the inane jabber of Chris Matthews. For the first time in my adult life, I was proud of my country. I had tears in my eyes as state after state threw their delegates to Barack Obama. When Hillary came on that just took the cake for me. When she bascially made it official, I cried. Yeah? So what? I know it was staged, but whatever. Do you think you'll ever see anything that positive at the Republican convention?


I though Bill Clinton's speech was wonderful and Joe Biden was outstanding after that. I'm not sure what the hubbub was all about trying to create controversy between the Clintons and Obama. They seem to be on the same page so far. I guess the media will have to try and figure some other way to trash Obama so they can keep the nazi, er Republican party in power

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marc,

You expressed my feelings exactly. For the first time in a long time I was proud of my country (and I believe I'm somewhat older than you are). Glad to see that you've mellowed with regard to Joe Biden. When he expressed pride in his children I knew exactly what he was talking about. As a far as the media are concerned, I believe they create controversy in an attempt to keep themselves relevant. While I'm a strong advocate of freedom of speech, I believe punditry and polling as it's now exercised do democracy a disservice.