It is important for me to fess up that I despise Sarah Palin. I despise her because she represents the ignorance and hypocrisy of America. She is a continuation of the incurious ways of George W. Bush. If you need some detail, please respond to the post, and I am happy to provide some examples, but at the moment I need to say what's on my mind.
Joe Biden demolished her in that debate. It was not even close. She repeated talking points, didn't answer questions and talked in circles. Maybe I'm biased, but the evidence is what the undecideds thought. Her folksy language does not cut it for me. Don't get me wrong. I like hanging out with Joe Sixpack too, but I don't want him running my country. Ironically, that is a derogatory term used to describe blue collar workers or just plain lazy rednecks that she repeated. I don't know any self-respecting redneck that refers to himself as Joe Sixpack.
We are at a time where we need intellect and leaders that can think on their feet. We need leaders that can solve problems, which means thinking things through (it does not mean one's penchant for "not blinking"). Sarah Palin didn't display anything last night that gives me the confidence that she or McCain are fit to lead this country. She continually repeated talking points, and when she knew she couldn't answer the question, when she knew she was out of her league, the only thing she could say was "I may not answer the questions the way you or the moderator want..." Real impressive. She admitted her own inexperience by saying "How long have I been at this? Like five weeks?" Ms. Palin, I think it's time for you to raise the white flag and surrender.
I've heard pundits say everything from she held her own to she was brilliant (Pat Buchanan). I disagree. She was definitely in damage control mode in that she played it safe. Clearly, she was out of her league with Joe Biden. She needed to be better than the to overcome the severe deficiencies of the McCain campaign.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You Betcha! (wink)
Post a Comment