Saturday, February 24, 2007

GObama!

Pundits are criticizing Obama and Hillary for the recent exchange of barbs started by David Geffen after he raised $1.3 M for Obama. EJ Dionne wrote a piece entitled "Clinton and Obama's Hollywood Scene," which I will not link because I think it's off base and don't want to give it credence. Basically, he said this exchange was a good day for Biden, Edwards, Dodd, Kucinich, Republicans, etc. and a bad day for Clinton and Obama. It was not a bad day for Obama. The Hillary camped whined a little. Someone from the Obama side fired back. Ultimately, Obama stayed above the fray and said it's time to end the tit-for-tat politics (he also took the opportunity at an event in Houston to dis Voldemort, um Cheney. The incident is already fading from the news lest the left-wing writers like Dionne, for whatever reason, try to keep it there. Obama held a rally in Austin last night with 20,000 supporters. Are you kidding me? He's only been in the race for 2 weeks and 20,000 people came to support him. I don't think Bush could draw a crowd like that in Austin. This guy is a rock star. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is a leader and Americans are starved for leadership.

No comments: