Right Wingers are fascists. Websters defines fascism as a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition. Let's break this down.
- A centralized autocratic government: "I'm the decider!" 3 branches of government under Republican control for 6 years; when the Democrats finally gain control of the Congress, the Bush administration ignores them and, more importantly, the American people
- Headed by a dictatorial leader: George Bush, Dick Cheney & Co.
- Severe economic and social regimentation: tax breaks for the rich, corporate welfare
- Forcible suppression of opposition: the Republicans, while touting freedom, actually ostracize and attempt to silence anyone that challenges or criticizes them as the Bush Administration did to Joe Wilson; also they use their lackeys in the media (O'Reilly, Coulter, Hannity, Beck, Wiener, etc.) to spout their hate, er talking points.
Right Wingers want to oppress your rights. This really starts with the abortion debate. They want to take away your right to choose. Next, they want to tell you what you can and can't do in your bedroom. Then, they want to tell you who you can and cannot marry. They want to tell you how you can pray. They say they want less government, but really only when it concerns regulating the egregiousness of corporations. In actuality, they want to regulate morality, and that is whatever they believe to be moral.
Right Wingers are hypocrites. Right wingers have bumper stickers that say "support our troops," but none of them ante up in time of war. They call you anti-American if you want to raise their taxes to pay for the war. They challenge your patriotism if you question the war. In fact, anytime you disagree with a right winger, they challenge your patriotism (will call you a communist) or your faith in God.
Right Wingers want a Theocracy. The right wing wants a country that is driven by their god, which is an oppressive god, not the God of the Bible or the New Testament. What the right wing wants, basically, is Iran, but not Muslim.
Hopefully, I've made my points of why the right wing sucks. By right wing, I mean conservatives and Republicans that refuse to abandon the destructive ideology that divides this country. There is nothing good coming out of the Republican party. Hey, I understand if your family has been Republican for five generations, but it is no longer the party of Teddy Roosevelt. It's not even the party of Eisenhower. I look forward to hearing what you all think and some additional reasons why the right wing sucks.
13 comments:
Dictionary.com defines generalization as: a proposition asserting something to be true either of all members of a certain class or of an indefinite part of that class.
Alright, I know you were trying to make a point, but isn't that a bit extreme...and anti-intellectual, in its own right.
Let's break this down: A president (GOP, Dem. or Whig) is supposed to be a "decider" and a leader...hopefully with a better vocabulary. As chief executive, he has to take a stand. He was elected with with a platform and he's following through...you don't like it...start winning elections. No constitutional barriers have been broken...the politics may be ugly, but dictatorial? Last time I checked we were all still able to visit the ballot booth.
Tax breaks...besides the obvious argument that the few richest Americans pay most of the taxes, I was happy with my tax refund/rebate of previous years. If you don't feel like you're paying enough taxes, feel free to send in more. I agree that this President's economic policy needs some work, but a lot of people benefited, not just Buffett, Gates and Ted Turner. And not every CEO is GOP.
Lackeys in the media... you mean like Al Franken, Janean "I can't act" Garafolo, the NY Times...etc. It's there on both sides...one side is just more talented and understands the game better. But why omit Rush "where's my prescription" Limbaugh?
Anti-intellectual...strange to call the former provost of Stanford anti-intellectual. Or the former head of Texas A&M? Or a graduate of Harvard and law clerk for the liberal William Brennan? I could go on and on, but I'm sure the Dixie Chicks would provide much better insight on political philosophy.
And Bush got reelected twice because he was voted into office by the country...partially because the Dems couldn't offer a decent candidate and some idiots in Florida don't know how to punch a hole (I'll beat you to the punch of bringing that issue up again.) Nonetheless, he won under longstanding rules and the will of the people, not just because of right-wingers.
Oppress my rights? Aw c'mon...now we're just digging here. With six years of a Bush/GOP congress, has the fundamental freedom to abortion changed? Has the Bill of Rights been invalidated? Can a man still not find a cheap hooker near Times Square?
Admittedly, the marriage issue is an interesting one. Personally, I think that what two people do in private is nobody's business...unless one of them is Paris Hilton and the other has a camera. However, somewhere, at some point, the state does have a right to regulate marriage. We just have to decide what the point is. Gay marriage? Polygamy? Marriage to a relative (sorry, WV)? Marriage to a domesticated farm animal? It's not just a right-wing, fanatical issue, it's a complicated legal one. And really, does anyone really want to see Rosie O'Donnell in a white gown?
I'll stop there for now. I don't want to take any more time away from your Obama lovefest.
Wow! Nice book! Maybe you should write a blog. If you do let me know so I can rip your theses to shreds.
In any case, I’m not going to take the time to respond to everything in depth. I’ll just hit the areas where I don’t think you made your case. Otherwise, I think you made some great points.
You state the President is supposed to be “the decider.” I’m not sure where the Constitution gives him the authority to ignore Congress as he pleases. Many Constitutional barriers have been broken, i.e. NSA wiretapping, questionable use of the phone company to monitor consumer phone calls, use of the Secret Service to threaten those who exercise their free speech. How about the outing of a CIA operative? Is that not abuse of power? Finally, in the six years of no checks and balances, there was no oversight, which is ultimately the point I was speaking to when comparing the Right Wing to fascism.
Tax breaks for the rich? Okay, you got me there. I got some decent tax breaks. The bottom line is the ultra rich get a lot of breaks, not only in form of tax breaks. Theoretically, it’s supposed to benefit everyone and stimulate the economy when the rich get more tax breaks. That’s what they promised. That hasn’t happened.
Lackeys in the media? Al Franken? At least, he’s honest with the facts. Same goes for the NY Times. Limbaugh, O’Reilly, Coulter? They are liars.
You said my attack was anti-intellectual in its own right? How so? Just because someone went to Harvard, was the head of Texas A&M or was the Provost at Stanford does not make them an intellectual. That same provost at Stanford said the following:
"…It would be like saying that after Adolf Hitler was overthrown, we needed to change then, the resolution that allowed the United States to do that, so that we could deal with creating a stable environment in Europe after he was overthrown." You need to watch Keith Olberman’s Special Comment to see the folly in that statement.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/02/26/special-comment-secretary-rice-get-your-facts-straight
As far as our rights, it takes time to lose them. Of course, it’s not going to happen at once, but the longer we live under a regime that takes them for granted, we are in danger. There is no accountability, or at least there hasn’t been until now.
I don’t really care about the marriage issue, but who is it hurting to allow members of the same sex to marry? Also, the Constitution is not about denying peoples’ rights; rather it is about limiting the authority of the government.
Okay, now back to the Obama love fest.
My assessment of the last exchange: Marc 1, Anonymous 0. I have no problem with the Commander in Chief being the DECIDER; however, only if that individual has a functioning brain. This one apparently doesn't. Furthermore he's a pathological liar and appears to have unresolved issues with his father (his earthly one not his spiritual one). The tragedy is that we're all suffering because of these unreconciled psychological conflicts, especially our young men and women. While we're on the subject of young men and women, why can't Jenna and Barbara follow the example of Prince Harry and put themselves in harm's way for their country. Anonymous seemed to emphasize the universities as evidence that the Bush cohort is not "anti-intellectual." Gates is new to his job so let's cut him some slack. However, if I were a Stanford alumnus, I would be quite embarrassed to admit it. Condi is a light weight. Speaking of universities, our Commander in Chief is a Yale graduate. I have a PhD from Yale. I used to wear my Yale t shirt and cap proudly. Not any more.
I have a BA and a law degree from Harvard. Though, I'm very proud of that fact, I must say the prestige is not all it's cracked up to be as I often felt surrounded by dumb asses.
Wow...I don't check the site for a couple of days and see this. Tension online...I like. And some people seem to have way too much free time.
Back to the important issue, I agree with your Farrah answer. Gotta love those blondes. But let me pose another question...if you had to choose one character from the A-Team (excluding Hannibal, for obvious reasons) to become President, which one would you choose and why? You can even include the Hispanic guy who joined the cast after it jumped the shark.
Come to think of it, our esteemed leader has an MBA from Harvard, thus providing more evidence that the school does not make the man or woman. My sympathy goes out to the truly deserving applicants to Yale and Harvard who were denied entry to make room for the likes of the "Decider". Perhaps being able to pronounce "nuclear" should be an admission requirement (even for those who come from influential families).
To "anonymous" who started his entry with "Wow". What are you smoking (and so early in the morning)?
I'd like to answer the A-Team scenario:
BA "Barak"us - hmm? some potential there
Templeton Peck, aka Face, sort of the John Edwards of the A-Team
Murdoch - crazy, kind of like W, but he served in Nam
Hispanic guy? I guess stopped watching the show before he came on, but if it's Bill Richardson, I'm in.
Otherwise, I'd have to go with Face because he seems to be the most reasonable. BA had a temper.
Marc 1, Anonymous 0. Is your mom keeping score again?
Just kidding. The anti-intellectual comment was in reference to over-generalizing everyone on the right.
And actually, the economy has grown fairly well - 20 straight quarters of growth. The problem is that the government hasn't limited spending. Entitlement programs will kill us. Will Obama or any of other Dems address this issue? Do they have plans to limit spending?
Ironic about Al Gore's use of power in Tennessee, no?
Not sure who's keeping score. I've got a lot of fans out there. Of course, everyone likes to remain anonymous. Get Google accounts, people!
The economy is growing? Nice market tank yesterday. Oh yeah, new home sales are the worst in 13 years. Makes you yearn for the Clinton years.
Maybe I shouldn't overgeneralize everyone on the right, just the fanatics. If you're a fiscal conservative, it's time to dump the Republicans. They have nothing to offer you, especially with the out of control spending you mention.
Not sure if the Dems will limit spending. I guess we can only hope. It can get no worse than it is now.
No legs to the Al Gore story. To use a phrase from the right when it's often caught in hypocrisy "it's partisan politics." When the right wing shows me it cares about our troops and starts to pony up, maybe I'll give a shit whether or not Al Gore turns his lights on too much.
Anonymous is a moron.
no name calling
Post a Comment