Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Gay Issue

The gay issue is a favorite of the right wing. The reason they have such a problem with it is because a large number of religious right-wing men love the cock, yet they want to uphold this macho image so they keep in the closet. Furthermore, they promote this vehemently anti-homosexual stance in order to try and prove they are heterosexual. It's not working anymore. I am just going to assume that any religious right leader or ultra-conservative (i.e. Anne Coulter, James Dobson, etc.) that speaks about the immorality of homosexuality or espouses anti-gay rhetoric is a homosexual. I'm not saying they've committed a gay act, but they want to.

This brings me to General Pace. Actually, he is probably straight, right? Here is a guy that has spent his entire life protecting our country. He has spent his in the company of men. Hmm? Has he has his Brokeback Mountain incident or two in a foxhole? Now, he is saying homosexuality is immoral. What does he know from morality? He has made his life training young men to kill people.

I don't think sexual orientation is a moral issue. In fact, it is more immoral to kill than it is to be a homosexual. The Ten Commandments are pretty clear "Thou Shalt not Kill." There is nothing in there that says "Thou Shalt not Fancy another Man's Ass." I think Rod Majors would agree. While many justify killing as necessary in the name of war or self-defense, including myself, the Seventh Commandment is indisputable.

Keep this in mind. Historically, who was the most fierce fighting force? The Spartans. This was a culture where homosexuality was rampant and accepted. (Okay, so they died out because you can't reproduce in a man on man or woman on woman society.) If gays want to fight for this country and be given substandard medical treatment when they come home wounded, what's the big deal? Allow gays in the military and allow them to be open about it. Otherwise, if you keep them in the closet, they'll end up like priests.

Addendum: 3/14/07, 6:13
Good to see Republican former Senator Alan Simpson weighing in on the issue.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc,

Excellent piece. Have you ever considered going into politics? Society needs articulate, enlightened, outspoken folks like you. By the way, I wonder if Peter Pace, a USNA graduate, wants to abolish the rank of Rear Admiral. Speaking of Ann Coulter, check out her latest picture on Media Matters. She's a guy (or was one in the past). Is she and Matt Druge an item?

Keep up the good work.

A fan

Marc said...

No politics for me. I'd rather criticize them. I wouldn't mind a nice gig on The Huffington Post, though. Arianna is yet to discover me.

Is the Rear Admiral the pitcher or the catcher? You know what the say about the Navy.

If Ann Coulter is a dude, it would make sense that she and Matt Drudge are an item since he is a homosexual.

Anonymous said...

Props for the Rear Admiral joke.

Should we start the "Draft Marc" effort? How much do we need in campaign cash?

Anonymous said...

What Rear Admiral Pace said

"I believe that homosexual acts between individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts."

What wasn't picked up by the microphone..."God forgive me, I'm immmoral."

I wonder if Pace played baseball at USNA and whether he had a battery position.

Anonymous said...

Well said.