I found this story on Faux News about a Saudi rape victim that was sentence to 90 lashes. Bush and co. love the Saudis. Bush, why are you so in love with the Saudis? Isn't this the same kind of thing you condemned Iraq for? Oh, I get it. That whole "blame the victim" mentality is very Republican.
PS, Yeah, I know I was Fox News. I was just trying to see how they were spinning the Libby story.
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Marcos, Marcos, Marcos,
Blaming Bush for being friendly with the Saudis??? While we all (presumably) agree that the Saudi system is disgusting, let's not lose focus here. It was a liberal Democrat, FDR, who cemented the friendship with the Saudis, and presidents, Dem and GOP, have kept that relationship going - all because we're unfortunately addicted to cheap oil (and needed allies in the Cold War). And it's another liberal Dem, Jimmy Carter, who has accepted millions in donations from Saudi royalty for his Center in Atlanta. And do you really think that our next president, Dem or GOP, is really going to alter that relationship? Not as long as we need oil (which won't change any time soon even with new policies) and an ally against nuclear Iranian mullahs.
But the most surprising thing here is that you checked Fox News. Are you a closet Republican? Tell us the truth...you have a secret shrine to Ronald Reagan in your bedroom.
You are correct about our leadership and it's buddying with the Saudis. However, Bushes and the Sauds are tight. (See Bandar Bush) Why did the bin Laden family get special treatment after 9/11.
Another area where I find hypocrasy is with the Christian Right's support of Bush. Why don't they insist he stop supporting such a horrible regime? I guess that's not as important at gay marriage. Also, Islamic law says whip a girl 90 times for being raped? How primitive and very un-Christian.
No shrines to Reagan. I never liked him. Though, by comparison to Bush he's Thomas Jefferson.
Let me procrastinate doing real work for a minute…
In terms of the BL family after 9/11, see the following link with excerpts from the 9/11 Report. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/flights.asp. I'm not sure what treatment you're referring to, but the idea of special flights doesn't seem to have a lot of credibility.
In terms of Saudi Arabia, it was always strange to me why anyone of strong religious conviction would work so closely with them, especially uber-Christian Jimmy Carter. But I guess oil, politics and money make strange bedfellows – especially since practicing Judaism or Christianity is illegal in the kingdom. Nonetheless, there have been some conservative Christians working to change policy with regard to SA...see the bullet points in http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-06-14-christian-right-cover_x.htm. Just after gay marriage and abortion comes a concern for religious tolerance and human rights.
Jefferson, eh? A slave-owning adulterer? Speaking of un-Christian...
For humor’s sake, I highly recommend http://youtube.com/watch?v=VXhIFr2ie2g
Yes, the bin Laden thing is true. I saw in a Michael Moore movie. I seriously doubt someone with his journalistic integrity would lie.
Hey, I'm not defending Jimmy Carter. I'll give you some points on that one.
Just after gay marriage and abortion comes a concern for religious tolerance and human rights. Get your priorities straight. The first 2 don't mean dick without the second 2.
Sure, if you want to compare TJ's negative side to RR. I think Reagan would been a proponent of slavery. As far as adultery, that's about as Republican as you can get. See Gingrich, Guido Giliani, Ted Haggard, John McCain. Thomas Jefferson saw the error of his ways and freed his slaves.
I saw that American Dad episode. Pretty funny.
Republican adultery vs. Democrat adultery....that would make an interesting contest. Perhaps we could have an adultery all-star game (not to make light of this particular sin). Let's think about the fun in this for a second.
On the GOP side we could have Newt leading off, with McCain, and Rudy following. On the Dem we could have drunk mayor Newsom leading off, followed by Mr. Hillary Clinton, and for old-time sake JFK.
The GOP tend to be more discreet about their "extra-curricular" activities. We don't know that much about McCain's lady or Newt's. Points for the GOP in discretion. However, we may have to substract a 1/2 for hypocrisy.
However, JFK did have fine taste in that department - who can argue with Ms. Monroe. A few points for the Dems. However, I'd have to subtract at least a couple for Bill's choices - Monica and Paula. You think he could've aimed his sights a little higher.
What other criteria do we need here? I see a Parker-Brothers board game in the future.
Post a Comment