Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Draft

Let me step aside from politics for a moment to express how pissed off I am that the Miami Dolphins passed on drafting Brady Quinn. What the hell were they thinking? This franchise has disappointed me year after year. You have an opportunity to take a marquee QB that could save your franchise from the cellar and you take a WR with a flat tire. Did I hear it correctly? Goodell said Ginn, not Quinn? Anyway, this will go down in history as possibly one of the 2 dumbest draft moves ever. The other stupid draft move, also made by the Dolphins, was when they traded a 2nd round pick to move up one spot in the 1st round.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it about time you started pulling for a real time? How much disappointment and pain can you handle? Dave Wannstedt? Nick Saban? It's almost as bad as being a Democrat...I mean a Raiders fan. Maybe you can coax Marino out of retirement? Or Csonka? Or Duper? It couldn't hurt.
What are the chances Levi Brown is Jewish?

Marc said...

I wouldn't think of pulling for another team. I'd rather just not watch the sport altogether. I can see the parallels between being a Dolphins fan and a Democrat. However, I am not a registered Democrat. I am only siding with them because I prefer chicken salad over chicken shit.

Somewhere in Levi's Browns lineage is some Jewish ancestry I would imagine.

Anonymous said...

How about JaMarcus Russell having Jewish ancestry---maybe, Ja actually is an abbreviation for "Jewish ancestry."

Anonymous said...

Speaking of chicken shit, I hear Paul Wolfowitz is already planning his next career move. He's thinking of marketing a new hair preparation that can also serve as a mouth wash. By the way, have you noticed that his girlfriend and he look like brother and sister?

Anonymous said...

So Wolfie likes to keep it in the family? What's wrong with that?

Best names of the draft:
Yamon Figurs
Usama Young

Any other candidates?

Marc said...

How about Jermon Bushrod and Quinn Pitcock? Though, they didn't get drafted by the same teams, their names compliment each other nicely.

Anonymous said...

I hope Bushrod and Pitcock don't "cross swords".