Tuesday, May 1, 2007

4 Year Anniversary of Mission (not) Accomplished

My George W. Bush countdown calendar reminded me that today is the 4 year anniversary of when W played GI Joe, landed on an aircraft carrier off the coast of San Diego and declared "Mission Accomplished." NOT
We were promised that Iraq had WMD and was a threat to us. It has been four years and no WMD were found in Iraq.
The Bush Administration promised we would bring democracy in Iraq, which would trigger a democratic revolution in the Middle East. Well, four years later, 3300 US soldiers, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, $500 billion, but no democracy.
I would just like to remind everyone so we don't forget. This is a corrupt administration. They lied to the American people. They sold us on a war with a country that was not a threat. They have entangled us in a quagmire with no viable exit strategy. I was never duped by our government. I never believed them, but most Americans were. For shame!

No comments: