Friday, January 11, 2008

The First Jewish President?

Don't you miss the good old days when Joe Lieberman was running for President? Hehehe! It seems there is speculation that Mike Bloomberg (he let's me call him Mike) will run for President. There is some growing impatience amongst his fans and potential supporters that he has yet to announce. I'm sure he is waiting to see who gets the nods from the Democratic and Nazi, er Republican parties. The nice thing for him is he can wait and see, he doesn't have to shell out cash, and his name is still in the news. My guess is, if Obama get the nod, he won't jump in, but if it's Hillary he will. The ideal scenario for him to potentially win is a Clinton, Huckabee, Bloomberg race. If the Huckster gets the nomination, there will be massive defections from the corporatist and the moderate wings of the Republican party. If Romney or McCain gets the nomination, it will make it tougher for Bloomy.

But think about it? His shot of winning is about as likely as George W. Bush admitting a mistake. Ain't gonna happen. The only purpose a 3rd party candidate serves is to play spoiler to either the Democrats or Republicans, as Perot did for Bush (the daddy) and Nader did for Gore. It is hard to win as an independent, and the other parties, such as the Green Party, tend to be extremist. The best approach is for parties to build from the ground up and work to get people in Congressional offices or major statewide offices. If the Republicans get reelected and continue to screw this country the way Bush has for the last 7 years, then maybe an independent will emerge.

If Bloomberg enters the race, I will still vote for the Democratic nominee even if it's Hillary (unlike another family member of mine that said "I will not vote for that bitch!"). I believe we have to get the Republicans out of office so we don't send this country backwards with Supreme Court appointments such as Samuel Alito and John Roberts (aka The Decpticons).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand by my statement (family memeber)

Marc said...

I just wish that family "memeber" wouldn't make so many typos.